DPI stands for Dots Per Inch and it measures the sensitivity of a mouse that how smooth the cursor move with the movement of the mouse on the screen. The higher the DPI of a mouse the higher speed of the cursor you will have. If you want to make quick moves and timely actions you will have to choose the higher DPI mouse to cover the distance on the screen very quickly. Another aspect that you can take into consideration is the accuracy that you will get with the higher DPI range. It means that you can detect small points in your game by setting up a high DPI range that will make your game more accurate and allow you to make timely actions as you can keep an eye on each and every small segment of the game. So, in short, what is a DPI mouse for you? This is the tool for the high speed of cursor and accuracy that you need for the game to play and stay till the end.
What Is DPI In A Mouse?
That is another thing to know about before selecting a DPI mouse for your game. As mentioned above that it is used for accuracy, sensitivity and fast movement of the cursor over the screen but sometimes it is not good to choose high DPI setup because flying cursor over the screen may cause a problem during playing games. For this, you can set up a low sensitivity setup to get the smooth movement of the cursor over the screen without losing accuracy. So DPI in a mouse is very important for the gamers to get good results and reach the game to its satisfaction level.
What are the different ranges of the DPI gaming mice available in the market?
There are different mice available in the market for different ranges. Basically, the DPI ranges from 400 t0 800 and that is the typical and most favorable DPI range which provides quality performance. But this range is not the end because there are mice in the market which can give DPI range up to 16000 DPI and more. Though you can work with the DPI range from 400 t0 800 with these high-end DPI mice you can play with more freedom and accuracy that will get your game to the next level. The attractive colors for setting up different ranges for DPI for a mouse is increased the interest of a gamer.
See More: Best Bluetooth Mouse Without USB
Can We Setup DPI On A Mouse?
Set up your desire DPI range is one of the perfect tasks to be done by a gamer. A gamer has to set up the DPI at a range where he can play freely to make timely moves that lead him to win the battle. There are two types of mice regarding changes in DPI settings. Some mice have DPI on-the-fly-buttons, these are mice that have built-in DPI On-the-fly buttons. You only need to press these buttons to change the set up the DPI. After pressing the buttons the mouse’ LCD gives an indication of the new DPI setting which allows selecting your desire one.
There are some mice that do not have the DPI On-the-fly buttons which mean that you cannot adjust the DPI by just pressing buttons. In this case, all you need to do is to start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, after starting it you have to select the mouse that you are using. Then click the basic setting option and after that the DPI or sensitivity of the mouse and make the changes that you want to make.
DPI is very important for a mouse as it provides an FPS gaming mouse a great deal of sensitivity and accuracy and allows the user to an eye on the small segments of a game. This is the tool for a gamer to take timely actions with accuracy that is needed. It will be good to know a higher DPI setting is not always good for a game because it speeds up the cursor very high which covers the distance on the screen very quickly that is not required. The ranges of DPI that is very good for the health of the game and for better results is starting from 400 DPI and ends at 1600 DPI. Though there are high DPI gaming mice are available in the market but the mice that range the above-mentioned figures will be good for a smooth game to play. It reveals that higher DPI mice that are available in the market are not always perfect.
What is the best DPI range for a mouse to provide outstanding results?
Well, it becomes difficult with the availability of the different ranges of DPI in the market. So selecting the best one for you is a difficult job. So, we are bringing a solution to you. The range that is very good for the gamers that are ranging from 400 DPI to 800 DPI and this is a favorable range at which you can get possible results. On the other hand, selecting a high-end DPI over 6000 may increase your sensitivity of the mouse but the problem with this you will lose control over your mouse. Its speed becomes like a rocket on the screen that becomes difficult to overcome and may cause you a loss. But it happens sometimes. If you have better control over the game and you are the Guru of your game you can select any range with attractive colors and best results.
See More: How To Change Mouse DPI
How to play on a high DPI sensor mouse? Is it worth? Well, this is another big question as it sounds very pleased that we have a 12000 DPI gaming or 16000 DPI gaming mouse. But does it produce the results that you want to achieve? Well, for the answer of this question I will say that you do not need such a fancy mouse with such a high-end DPI sensor with great sensitivity but it always creates a problem especially when you are not able to control it. So it is good to go for a Gaming Mouse with manageable DPI range. But high range DPI sensors are not a waste you can also go for it.
Razer DeathAdder Essential – Right-handed Gaming Mouse White Edition – CHS Packaging
$26.73 in stock
1 used from $18.99
- Gaming Mouse (2018 model)
PICTEK Gaming Mouse Wired [7200 DPI] [Programmable] [Breathing Light] Ergonomic Game USB Computer Mice RGB Gamer Desktop Laptop PC Gaming Mouse, 7 Buttons for Windows 7/8/10/XP Vista Linux, Black
$13.99 out of stock
- [Excellent gaming performance with 7200 dpi and 4 polling rate]pictek t7 programmable gaming mice, default five dpi levels available from 1200/2400/3500/5500/7200 dpi. With two dpi button, you can adjust the dpi easily to get high accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125hz/250hz/500hz/1000hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement, up to 1000hz makes it faster and more accurate than ordinary mouse.
- [All mouse buttons are programmable] support macro editing, 7 mouse buttons can be programmed by pictek easy-to-program gaming software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games. Great value and control fps gaming mouse, also excellent for moba/ rts games (driver disk included or download the software from brand website, see instructions for details). Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows xp, vista, linux etc. ( Note: no programming function for mac system).
- [16 million color fancy cool led backlit] 16 million color options for the backlight setting to match your style. Easily shut on and off the backlight with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts high-definition optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games. Mode selection: steady on/breathing/flicker+light effect/steady on+light effect. Color: red blue green purple yellow.
- [Ergonomic design] pictek t7 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players to keep your grip firmly during game play. Excellent cool wired pc gaming mouse for casual gamers. Comes with 5 foot, 3mm strong high-speed fiber cable.
- [Reliable quality & service] pictek t7 pc gaming mouse, 30 million clicks lifespan , intricate polish manufacturing processes and meticulous assembly provide the functional reliability of the mouse for years. Pictek will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, keep in touch with us when you meet any problem, we will reply you within 12 hours to help you.
Razer Viper Mini – Wired Gaming Mouse
4 used from $38.82
- Lightest, Zero-Compromise Miniature Mouse: 10% Smaller Than the Viper and lighter at 61g, with a 8500 DPI optical sensor befitting the most serious gamers without the need for drilling holes in the chassis like competitor mice
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light for absolute control
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles & Underglow: Includes 16.8 million color combinations w, included preset profiles
- 6 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag
PICTEK Gaming Mouse Wired, 8 Programmable Buttons, Chroma RGB Backlit, 7200 DPI Adjustable, Comfortable Grip Ergonomic Optical PC Computer Gaming Mice with Fire Button, Black (Upgraded Version)
1 used from $9.17
- 【Excellent gaming performance with 7200 DPI and 4 polling rate】 PICTEK T16 gaming mouse with default 5 DPI levels available from 1200 to 7200 DPI. Easily adjust to instantly match mouse speed to different games. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125Hz/250Hz/500Hz/1000Hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement.
- 【Chroma RGB backlit for extreme gaming experience】 upgraded version of PICTEK T7, with Chroma RGB lighting, up to 16. 8 million colors to fit your mood. Easily shut on AND off the backlight or change the color mode with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts impressive optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games.
- 【8 programmable buttons & fire button】 support macro editing, 8 mouse buttons can be programmed with PICTEK easy-to-program gaming software. The rapid Fire button gives you the edge you need during those intensive FPS battles. Great value FPS gaming mouse, also excellent for MOBA/ RTS games. (Driver Disk included)
- 【Ergonomic Design】 T16 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players. Excellent wired PC gaming mouse for casual gamers.
- 【Reliable quality & PICTEK Service】 T16 PC gaming mouse, 20 million clicks lifespan, buttons with neat rebound and good feedback. PICTEK will spare no effort to provide the best service to every customer, feel free to contact us when you meet any problem, you will be replied within 12 hours.
Redragon M690-1 Wireless Gaming Mouse with DPI Shifting, 2 Side Buttons, 2400 DPI, Ergonomic Design, 8 Buttons-Black
$19.99 in stock
- 5 Adjustable DPI – With 2 DPI buttons, it is easier for you to switch among 5 DPI (800/1200/1600/2000/2400) and flashing light will indicate you which DPI you are. Two polling rate: 125Hz and 250Hz. This wireless gaming mouse helps you to control the speed and sensitivity of mouse more freely.
- Comfort & Precision At Your Fingertips – The Redragon wireless gaming mouse is an essential computer accessory for die-hard gamers! You will be amazed by the unmatched comfort, lethal accuracy and killer precision of our durable, desktop and laptop pro gaming mouse! You can enjoy a wonderful clicking experience without disturbing others. It is an optimal choice in the office, library, dormitory or wherever you like.
- Advanced 2.4Ghz Wireless Technology – Discover the most responsive and comfortable Redragon Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse. The 2.4Ghz wireless enables working distance up to 10 meters (or approx. 30ft) with a little-to-no delay or signal drops. No any driver is required, just plug and play.
- Long Life Span & Power Saving – It has passed 10 million times keystroke test to guarantee extra durability. This wireless mouse will be in sleep mode in 8 minutes of inactivity and waken up quickly by pressing any button. Powered by 1*AA battery (not included) and easy to be replaced.
- Strong Compatibility – Works for Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista/ME/2000/Mac10.x, etc. For Mac OS, the sided buttons are not available. Ideal for work or entertainment in home and office.
WFB Wireless Mouse Rechargeable Optical Mouse with USB Receiver Portable Gaming ,Office Mice 3 Adjustable DPI Levels,6 Buttons for PC,Laptop,Computer,Notebook,MacBook Black
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Wireless gaming mouse designed for long time comfort use,ergonomic grip and non-slip rubberized scroll wheel for a comfortable grip and precision control. Over 3 million times click,12m long working distance.
- 3 ADJUSTABLE DPI LEVELS: Mac Gaming Mice, is designed with 3 adjustable DPI levels 1000,1600,2400 to meet different needs, comes with a Nano receiver (stored in the back of the mouse). No need any driver, and you can plug and play the wireless mouse directly.
- NOISELESS CLICKING: Silent click button to help reduce 92% noises, you can use this mice in any place without worrying about disturbing others,making it best choice of wireless mouse.
- AUTO SLEEPING FUNCTION: Gaming mouse will be in sleeping mode If it is not used after 10 minutes to save energy, then simply press any button to wake it up. Also extra on?/on/off switch button at the bottom Also can be used to control with three options: mouse on with LED light/ mouse off/ mouse on without LED light.
- INTELLIGENT CHARGING: Wireless mouse adopted Fast charging chip come with USB charging cable, you can recharge and use 2.4G wireless mouse easily. Low battery indicator will remind you to charge it with flashing red light. 2 hours quick full charge can lasts up to 60 days, you no longer have to worry about replacing the battery.
PICTEK Ergonomic Wired Gaming Mouse, 8 Programmable Buttons , 5 Levels Adjustable DPI up to 8000, Wired Computer Gaming Mice with 7 RGB Backlight Modes for PC, Laptop, MacBook
- 【Ergonomic Fit and Comfort】Designed with a deep analysis of the hand, like the inward thumb rest, the typical lengths of index and middle finger, the ring finger and little finger rest and the shape of palm, PICTEK ergonomic gaming mouse perfectly fits right-handed gamers. Help you reduce hand fatigue during long gaming sessions
- 【Total Immersion with RGB Backlight】Featuring 4 lighting zones, which include scroll wheel, left strip, right strip and logo, PICTEK wired gaming mouse with 7 adjustable RGB light modes enables you to customize your gaming aesthetics. Get immersive in your game with cool ambience
- 【8 Programmable Buttons and 5-Level DPI】5 levels of DPI available: 1200/2400/3500/5500/8000. With intuitive and professional software, PICTEK RGB gaming mouse enables you to get your desired balance of accuracy and precision by setting programmable buttons, customizing DPI, polling rate, speed of scroll wheel, RGB lighting modes and more. (Note: The program function is only available on Windows system.)
- 【Increase Your Chance of Winning】 Built with an independent fire (Triple click) button, PICTEK wired ergonomic gaming RGB mouse allows gamers to rapidly activate the constant gun shooting function by simply pressing once
- 【Durable Gaming Mouse】Smooth coating offers you comfortable grip and effortless control. Stylish RGB backlight and solid quality makes the mouse a reliable weapon when you gaming. Greatly satisfy the gaming needs of beginners
Redragon M711 Cobra Gaming Mouse with 16.8 Million RGB Color Backlit, 10,000 DPI Adjustable, Comfortable Grip, 7 Programmable Buttons
- 5 DPI Options & Customized Function – 5 adjustable DPI levels (500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000) meet your multiple needs, either for daily work or gaming. DPI can be adjusted freely by ±100 from 100 to 10000, taking advantage of on-the-fly DPI switching to instantly match mouse speed to gameplay demands. Besides, the Mouse Point Speed setting in the software also allows you to mildly change the movement speed of the mouse to achieve the right fit mode for yourself.
- 7 Programmable Buttons & 16.8-million Lighting “Breathing” RGB – 7 (7 out of 9) programmable buttons enable superior productivity and efficiency to meet all your gaming needs. 5 memory profiles each with a dedicated light color for quick identification and 16-Million Color backlight ‘breathing’ RGB LED gives out ambient light and set you in a unique gaming atmosphere.
- Professional Programming Software – Adopted the latest professional gaming chip AVAGO to capture fast and accurate movement for precise control; 5 adjustable DPI settings-500/1000/2000/3000/5000, quickly adjustable for different gaming scenarios; 5000 FPS, 100IPS Maximum Tracking Speed, 20G acceleration.
- Comfort & Precision At Your Hands – The M711 Cobra gaming mouse is an essential computer accessory for die-hard gamers with its aggressive design for hands! You will be amazed by the unmatched comfort, lethal accuracy and killer precision of our durable, desktop and laptop pro gaming mouse! You can enjoy a wonderful clicking experience without disturbing others. It is an optimal choice in the office, library, dormitory or wherever you like.
- The Choice Of Die-hard Gamers – Whether you are targeting, aiming, slashing or attacking, a professional gaming mouse is your basic weapon! The mouse will be your ideal partner. Compatible with Windows 2000/ME/XP/03/VISTA/7/8/10 system for programmable using and Mac OS for normal using.
Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse – 16,000 DPI 5G Advanced Optical Sensor
$80.99 in stock
2 used from $59.99
- Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming. Switch Lifecycle: 50 Million Clicks
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles: Includes 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles
- Improved, Ergonomic Design: Rubberized side grips reduce fatigue over long use sessions
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps increases grip and helps with more controlled scrolling in high-stakes gaming situations
Logitech G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse, Hero 12K Sensor, 12,000 DPI, Lightweight, 6 Programmable Buttons, 250h Battery Life, On-Board Memory, PC/Mac – Black
$38.49 in stock
1 used from $35.99
- HERO Gaming Sensor: Next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED Wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance. Mechanical Button Tensioning System
- Ultra-Long Battery Life: The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
- Lightweight design: Thanks to an efficient mechanical design, the G305 gaming mouse weighs in at only 99 grams for high manoeuvrability
- Compact, portable design with convenient built-in storage for included USB wireless receiver. Max. speed: > 400 IPS
In the above blog, we tried to cover everything that you want to information about. We explained that what is DPI stands for. How does it work? Which range will be good for you as a gamer? How high-end DPI sensor mice can be used to get maximum benefits. We brought all this for you to make your selection easier. There are different mice with different DPI ranges available in the market with different price tags. So, it is up to you to select the best one for yourself and the play games the way you like.
If you have enough powerful muscles to handle high-end DPI sensor then this will be a good thing to be in your arsenals but you want to play in a calm environment with effort then you need a mouse with low-end DPI sensor mice as it will not require any extra muscles to control fly cursor on the screen. So, whatever we could give you we have provided you. Please make your decision and grab mouse that suits your style of play.
If you love this blog please leave a message as feedback that will like fuel for us. Your feedback will encourage us to bring more attractive blogs to inform you about the latest technology and make your decision easier to select the best DPI Gaming Mouse.
2 responses to “Best DPI Mouse for Gaming”
[…] how someone can choose the best DPI for a gaming mouse? The answer is very easy, it totally depends upon your style of game playing. If […]
[…] own distinctive features to offer. Some have an extra number of buttons and some are equipped with high-end DPI […]